Students take risks, explore multiple possibilities, challenge the status quo, and seek to continually improve processes and products. They deliberate through a design process to solve problems and act on creative ideas.
- Use a wide range of idea creation techniques (such as brainstorming, divergent & convergent thinking).
- Elaborate, refine, analyze and evaluate their own ideas in order to improve and maximize creative efforts.
- Demonstrate originality and inventiveness in work and understand the real world limits to adopting new ideas.
- View failure as an opportunity to learn; understand that creativity and innovation is a long-term, cyclical process of small success and frequent mistakes.
- Act on creative ideas to make a tangible and useful contribution to the field in which the innovation will occur.
- Supporter of the arts