Home Education and Private Tutoring in Big Spring School District
How do you enroll in home education?
The following must be submitted to the Superintendent for approval in home education:
- Letter to the Superintendent requesting home education
- Affidavit (notarized) – indicating age of child at the time of the affidavit completion
- List of objectives being taught for each subject
- Copy of high school diploma or GED for the home school supervisor
- Immunization records or a medical exemption letter
- Proof of residency
- August 1st All applications and affidavits relative to home education are due.
- June 30th All students enrolled in home education must submit a Home Education Evaluation Form – completed by an approved Evaluator.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES & INFORMATION