Many in our community are grieving after the tragic news this week. Our deepest sympathy and support to the family and friends.
A tragic loss like this can impact us in many ways. We might be grieving someone we knew and cared for, feeling sympathy for the family and loved ones, or being reminded of losses we have experienced.
Grief can appear differently for us all, depending on our age, experience with loss and relationships. Whatever you are experiencing, we want you to know that you are not alone and that support is available on campus and in our community. If you or someone you know needs help we are including where you can find support below:
- Big Spring School District partnered with Care Solace to support our community’s mental health. If you or a family member are looking for help with your mental health or substance use, you can use Care Solace to anonymously find community therapists or treatment programs matched to your needs regardless of circumstances.
Care Solace is a complimentary and confidential service provided to students, staff, and their families by Big Spring School District.
If you would like to use Care Solace to help you find a provider:
- Call 888-515-0595 available 24/7/365 in any language.
- Visit www.caresolace.com/bssd and either search on your own , OR click “Book Appointment” for assistance by video chat, email, or phone.
- The District has a close relationship with the Drew Michael Taylor Foundation, a local community support network for those who are experiencing grief and loss. To learn more about the supports offered through the Drew Michael Taylor Foundation, please visit their website: https://drewmichaeltaylor.org/
- Please go to the BSSD's Counseling page for additional resources - https://sites.google.com/a/bigspringsd.org/big-spring-counseling/
In an emergency:
- Call 911 or and request a Crisis Intervention Trained (C.I.T.) response
- Go to the closest emergency room for support
- Text “Hello” or “Home” to 741741 to connect with support
- Trevor Lifeline LGBTQQ+ Crisis Support: 1-866-488-7386
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 988
- Online chat: suicidepreventionlifeline.org